How to Reverse a Completed Purchase OrderFollow
How to reverse the impact of completed purchase that cannot be changed or deleted
- Go to Purchases | Supplier Returns | Add Supplier Return.
- In the Purchase Order Number field, enter the purchase order number.
- Specify the Warehouse the stock is being returned from.
- Update the required values for the return lines (Return Quantity, Return Price, Reason, etc.) :
- Delete any lines which are not being returned using the delete icon.
- You must return either quantity or price. You must select the Return checkbox ONLY if you have specified a value in the Return Quantity field. DO NOT select the Return checkbox if you are only returning the price.
- Select the return reason from the Reason drop-down list.
- Add or edit the comments for your reference.
Use the action cog to check or uncheck the Return checkbox for all lines.
- If your purchase order has cost lines included, you can update the required values. Depending on whether you select Refund or Write-off, the corresponding action will be recorded in the integrated accounting provider:
Please do note that supplier return will only reverse the impact made by the PO. It will not delete the transaction from your account.