Shipments from Multiple WarehousesFollow
Is this feature suitable for our business?
- you hold stock in multiple warehouses and wish to fulfill individual orders from more than one warehouse to streamline your process
- your customer places a single order that requires fulfilling from different warehouses
- you'd like to see where you have stock to fulfill an order
- your customer wants a single order & single invoice regardless of the fulfillment warehouses
- your shipments are dispatched timeously (stock availability may be inaccurate until the shipment is dispatched)
- your shipment warehouses have the same tax rates based on the associated sales order’s from/to location tax rate
Turn the feature on under Settings | Company | Settings. Remember to Save.
- if this feature is on, it can only be turned off once there are no open orders with shipments from multiple warehouses.
- The View Sales Order Bulk Action feature "Create Shipments" does not incorporate the Ship From Multiple Warehouse Feature. Using this feature will create Shipments for the SO Warehouse regardless of Stock Availability. For more information visit Create & Maintain Shipments
Once the feature has been enabled, the option "Create Multi Warehouse Shipment" will be available in the list under the "Order" button drop-down on the Sales Order.
|Without the feature enabled:||With the feature enabled:|
Note: if you have this feature enabled, and the Sales Order Warehouse does not have enough stock available when you click the standard "Create Shipment", you will be prompted as follows:
Regardless of the route chosen, you will be presented with a pop-up that lists the products still to be shipped. The items are collapsed. Click on the (+) sign to expand the product lines:
For the example below, the Sales Order default warehouse "Wellington Warehouse", has no black rugs in stock, so the Auckland Warehouse was automatically selected.
In the case of the lounge chairs, Wellington Warehouse has 7 available, and since the order was for 8, 1 has been assigned to ship from the Auckland Warehouse.
If you need to change the system generated warehouse selection, click on the warehouse and all warehouses with available stock will display together with the number of units available:
A running total is kept per product of unassigned quantities:
In this example, if you would prefer to select more than 2 warehouses to fulfill the order, click on "Add New Shipment" to add another line:
Click on the bin to remove a line.
Once your shipment warehouses and units are done, click on "Create Shipment".
The number of shipments created will correspond to the number of warehouses you have selected. In this case, the order will be fulfilled by 3 warehouses:
When a standard default shipment is created and fulfilled based on the Warehouse selected on the Sales Order, no Warehouse is listed on the Shipment header.
When you have the Ship From Multiple Warehouses feature enabled, the Shipments will contain a Shipment Warehouse in the Header:
When querying Shipments or running reports, note the inclusion of the Shipping Warehouse as a filter:
Serial and Batch numbers will need to be assigned once the shipments are created. Only numbers available in the Shipping Warehouse will be presented for selection.
This feature can be disabled at any time, provided you have no open orders with shipments assigned to multiple warehouses. Deal with the orders and shipments first.
If you try to disable the feature and there are open orders, the following error will display: