Batch Number TrackingFollow
Batch Number Tracking allows you to track a batch of products from its creation, right through to its sale. Batch Number Tracking can be used with any assembly in Unleashed; this enables continuous monitoring of a component or ingredient throughout the process. As you receive a component, you can record its batch number, the batch is then tracked throughout your assembly process all the way to the customer. You can attach batch numbers to a product with a dedicated quantity, expiry date and other warranty information if you want.
Ability to use batch numbers in stock inputs/outputs
Batch Number Tracking and batch numbers can be used from the start of your stock journey, from;
- Purchase Order
- Customer Credits.
Right through to the end of your stock journey, by using;
- Shipments that are dispatched
- Stock Adjustments
- Supplier Returns
All of these records are kept in Unleashed.
Batch Tracking provides you with the freedom and flexibility to track all of your products quickly and easily. For example, if you work in the food safety industry and you have a batch that gets compromised, then you'll be able to easily identify the batch and contact any affected Customers and Suppliers. You can track any food through all the stages of manufacturing; from processing right through to distribution (including importing and at retail levels).
How to activate Batch Number Tracking on an account
You can activate Batch Number Tracking from your account by simply going to Settings | Company, and selecting the Batch Tracked checkbox, as illustrated in the screenshot.
When you enable the Batch Number Tracking feature on a product;
- the Serialised Tracking feature become disabled for this product.
Unleashed pages with Batch Number Tracking
The following lists Unleashed pages that include Batch Number Tracking as part of their workflow. Click on the links — where available — to find out more about how Batch Number Tracking can be used on the selected page.
- Products - On the Create New Products page you have the ability to mark products as 'Batch Tracked', this is located under the Details tab.
- Receipt - On the Receipt Purchase Orders page, you can now add Batch numbers to a purchase order once it is receipted.
- Shipment - On the Shipments page, you can create batch tracked sales orders shipments.
- Warehouse Transfers - On the Warehouse Transfers page, you can optionally transfer Batch Tracked products from one warehouse location to another.
- Create Stock Count - On the Create Stock Count page, you can print and view what batch number(s) you are supposed to have in your warehouse.
- Stock Count Entry - On the Stock Count Entry page, you can adjust your stock levels during a stock count by adding and removing batch numbers.
- Batch Number Enquiry - This is a new report page from the Inventory module. This page allows you to filter based on your batch numbers. The filters include; Warehouse, Batch Number, Product Code, Product Description, and Statuses.
- Stock Adjustments - On the Stock Adjustments page, you can you can perform stock adjustments on products that have batch numbers attached to them.
- Supplier Returns - On the Supplier Returns page, you can return products that have batch numbers attached to them.
- Credits - On the Add Credits page, you can credit sales orders that have products with batch numbers easily by selecting the batch number that you are crediting.
- Assemblies - In the Production module, you can assemble new batches, apply batch components plus various other options.
- Dashboard - When your products are batch tracked, you will have visibility of this on your dashboard. It lists any batches per product that are going to expire.
How to Recall a Batch
- Go to Reports | Inventory | Batch Numbers Enquiry.
- Enter information relating to the affected batch for filtering the report.
- Confirm the batch number details displayed before exporting.
- Click Export or Export Batch Information to download the file and get more information e.g. Customer information, supplier information.
- Communicate the recall details to the users.
Batch Number Tracking Process
What is happening in this Process?
Purchases: When you enable the Batch Number Tracking feature and you have purchases already in Unleashed, then those existing purchase orders are not affected. However, if you create a new purchase order from scratch, then you can attach both products and batch products to that new purchase order.
Supplier Returns: When you return a Batch product to a Supplier, you need to select what batch numbers are being returned. This is limited to the batch numbers you purchased unless the product was not batched at the time of purchase. When you are in the Batch Number Enquiry page, check the Unavailable status for Supplier Return information.
Warehouse Transfers: You can move batch numbers from one warehouse location with another (as long as they are not being used elsewhere). These batch numbers must be completed before you can assign and then move them.
Stock Take: You can optionally view what batch number(s) you are supposed to have in your warehouse when you are performing a stock count. You can also print those batch numbers and adjust stock levels during a perpetual stock count, simply by adding or removing batch numbers.
Stock Adjustments: You can create a stock adjustment for a batch product, you can also view the batch number in a column that is displayed on the adjustment.
Sales/Shipments: From the available Sales and Shipment pages you have the option to select batch numbers that you want to ship.
Credits: You can create credits and filter batch numbers attached to the specified sales order that is being credited.
Customers: On the Batch Number Enquiry page you have visibility to see what batch is with what Customer and from what Supplier. The Batch Enquiry also helps you recall batches manually.