Per Warehouse ControlsFollow
About Per Warehouse Controls
The Per Warehouse Control function can be found under Settings> Company> Configuration.
Using the Per Warehouse Control feature
The following list shows what you can perform when setting up your minimum and maximum levels on your warehouses.
- Setting up stock alerts for products per warehouse
- Reordering low stock
- Understanding dashboard alerts
You can choose to have the Per Warehouse Controls feature enabled or disabled depending on your requirements.
If the Per Warehouse Controls is switched ON you can:
- Set up minimum and maximum levels for your product on each of your warehouses.
These levels can trigger alerts shown on the dashboard and the reorder report (i.e. high or low alerts).
- You can also maintain separate min/max levels at different locations for the same product.
You can also filter by warehouse on the reorder report so you can reorder per warehouse.
- You can set your minimum and maximum levels for products in the Inventory tab for individual products OR use the Inventory Details Import/Export function to do this in bulk.
- You are able to store a product in more than one warehouses within your account.
- You are able to see/manage their stock on hand quantities within each warehouse.
- However, you will not be able to set min/max levels and bin-locations on a per warehouse basis for a particular product.
- You can set your minimum and maximum levels for products in the Inventory tab for individual products OR use the Products Import/Export function to do this in bulk.
- Stock alerts found on the dashboard and reorder report are based upon this selection
- Bin locations are also affected by this selection
Setting up stock alerts for products per warehouse
The following illustrates the Product Entry page when the Per Warehouse Control function is selected. From this page, you can set bin location(s), and stock level alerts (minimum/maximum levels) for each warehouse. Conversely, if you selected Global Warehouse Control, you can set warehouse tracking at one global level.
Reordering when stock is low
When the Per Warehouse Tracking function is selected, you can set alerts on a per warehouse basis; this means that you can reorder stock per warehouse when your stock is running low, saving you time and effort. To do so, simply go to your Reorder report page and adjust your filter to the warehouse you are ordering for.
See Reorder Report for more information.
When the Per Warehouse Control function is selected, the dashboard alerts are calculated at a per warehouse level, e.g. 2 out of 3 warehouses have low stock = 2 alerts.
When the Global Warehouse Control is on instead, the dashboard alerts are calculated at a global warehouse level, e.g. across 3 warehouses you have low stock = 1 alert.