Using Part InvoicingFollow
About part invoicing
Part invoicing allows you have multiple invoices per sales order. For example, where you pay for an invoice, you could pay half now and pay the rest of it at a later time; this provides you with more flexibility when managing your invoices. Additionally, this feature is very useful for invoicing a shipment. For example, You can have multiple invoices per shipment; this enables you to send out an invoice and packing slip to your customer — all at the same time.
This feature is ideal for users that manage the sales process regularly. In particular performing part invoices on a daily basis. For example, if you have an order for 10 items. And you only have 5 of those items in stock, you have the ability to invoice for the 5 you have and then invoice for the 5 remaining at a later time. Part invoicing an order is possible via the action cog or Order button.
There are three ways of creating partial invoices for a sales order. This feature is suitable for users that manage the sales process regularly, especially users that need to invoice for current stock and then invoice for left over stock at a later time.
- When you are on the Sales Order page, you can select from the Order Management drop-down menu to create multiple invoices for an order. An invoice page appears with a new invoice.
- Alternatively, you can select one or more sales order lines and create an invoice that matches those line, in the Order Line tab of the Sales Order page.
- Or, in the shipment tab of the Sales Order page, where you can select a shipment and create an invoice that matches that shipment. You can do this multiple times by simply clicking Create Invoice in the action cog that is available to you.
This feature is ideal for users that manage the sales process regularly.
When Part Invoicing is activated, then sales orders can only be completed when all partial invoices have been completed. If you complete a sales order and not all items have been invoiced, then a sales invoice will be completed for you.
To complete a sales order;
- Click Complete Sales Order on the Sales Order page.
Users can use the action cog from the Shipments tab to ship at line level. This is useful for part payments of goods. You have the ability to create an invoice from what you've shipped, allowing your customers the ability to pay for what they have received.
To perform an invoice from a shipment;
- From the Shipments tab, click on the action cog
- Select Create Invoice