This feature is available on Medium, Large, and Large Plus subscriptions. For more information, see Pricing.
The barcoding feature enables single or bulk scanning of product barcodes for the following processes:
- Receipting Purchase Orders
- Stock Counts
- Sales Shipments
This feature will enable faster and more accurate inventory control by reducing manual entry errors and saving time. This feature is only available for users on specified plans. For more information, see the Unleashed Website.
- Ensure that you add Products with barcode values. If you want to add barcode values for multiple existing products, you can export the existing products, enter the barcode values, and import the file.
- You can add suffixes to the barcode scanner settings e.g. Return/Enter or Tab.
Unleashed Pages with Barcoding
The following Unleashed pages include barcode scanning as a part of their workflow:
- Purchase | Purchase Orders | Receipt Purchase
- Inventory | Products | Add Stock Count
- Sales | Orders | Add or View Sales Orders | Create Shipment
How it Works
- On the Receipt Purchase, Add Stock Count, or Create Shipment page, click the Barcode scanning button.
- The Scan Single Barcode window is displayed.
- Ensure the cursor is in the Barcode box.
- Scan the product.
- If you want to add multiple product quantities, enter the value in the Increment By field. For example:
- Click Add.
- If you want to scan multiple product barcodes, select the Bulk Scan option.
- The Scan Multiple Barcodes window is displayed:
- Ensure the cursor is in the Barcodes box.
- Scan the products. The barcodes must be separated by commas.
- Click Add.
Adding Barcodes to Doc Designer Templates
You can add barcodes and barcode images to Doc Designer templates:
- Go to Settings | Doc Designer. Open the required Doc Designer template.
- Select the grid and click the Component tab.
- In the COLUMN CONTROL area, in the Headers field, scroll down the list and select BarcodeImage.
- Select the Visible checkbox.
- Click Save and then click Preview to review the changes. Ensure you have products with valid barcodes saved.
- Click Publish to publish the template changes.
- Code 128