Xero Tracking CategoriesFollow
Xero provides the Tracking Categories feature to enable easier reporting by eliminating the need to add multiple account codes.
This help page outlines how to setup the tracking categories in Xero and configure them to work with your Unleashed account. For more information about how tracking categories are implemented in Xero, see Xero documentation.
- Tracking Categories are case sensitive. The tracking category you add in Xero must match the options available in Unleashed.
- If the Tracking Category you have selected in Unleashed has not been created in Xero, the Sales Invoice / Purchase Order exported to Xero will not fail, but the Tracking Category field will be blank in Xero.
- You cannot create / edit / delete any Xero tracking categories or category options from within Unleashed.
- You can only have 2 active tracking categories set up in Xero.
- In your Xero account, go to Integration | Integration Store | Xero | Configuration
Click Add Tracking Category
Complete the following fields:
- Click Save. The tracking category will be added.
You can select the tracking categories you want to be displayed in your Xero invoices/purchase orders and sales journal, from the Xero Integration page in Unleashed.
- Go to Integration | Integration Store | Xero.
- Click Configuration and scroll down.
- Under Advanced Features, the Enable Tracking Categories option will be displayed. This option is disabled by default.
- Enable the toggle to view and configure the available options:
- Select the required values from the Tracking Category 1 and Tracking Category 2 dropdown list
- Select which transaction type you want the categories assigned too.
- Click Save Configuration.
|Tracking Categories selected in Unleashed||Tracking Categories setup in Xero|
The tracking categories displayed on all Sales and Purchases will be Warehouse and Sales Group.