QBO oAuth2.0 UpgradeFollow
What is oAuth2.0?
oAuth2.0 is an authentication framework that allows one application to interact with another on your behalf without giving away your password. It was suggested and implemented as an alternative to the "usual" authentication procedures that require you to inform your credentials in order to receive a valid access token. With oAuth2.0, only encrypted tokens are sent to the authentication authority, which will then confirm they are valid and allow you access to the desired application.
Intuit recently announced an upgrade to QBO, migrating from its platform oAuth1.0 to oAuth2.0. This upgrade will bring a new security layer to your authentication process while also streamlining your login process.
When the new framework was introduced by Intuit, this became a breaking change for all integrated applications. Unleashed is now completely compliant and ready to work with oAuth2.0. However, the two frameworks are not backwards compatible and some actions are necessary from our customers in their integration in order to not disrupt their business workflow.
Please find below a guide on how to ensure your integration is successfully migrated to oAuth2.0:
- Go to the integration store within Unleashed and select the Quickbooks tile. In there, use the highlighted toggle to disconnect your integration:
- You will see message saying you are disconnected. Now that toggle show the OFF status, please click on it again to restart the connection process:
- After entering your account details, you need to provide Unleashed access to your Quickbooks information. Click on the Connect to finish the workflow.
- After that is done, you will be taken to the Unleashed configuration phase of the integration. In here, you will see a banner notifying you that your settings are being imported. This process can be tracked using the notification tray in the top right corner of the screen. This banner is shown below for your reference:
- Once this is finished, please ensure you refresh your browser session to apply your settings. Feel free to also change any other settings in your configuration (such as customer and supplier mappings).
- You'll need to save your configuration by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on Save Configuration.
- Once you see the success message that is shown above, you are finished!
Please do this before 13th December 2019. If this is not done by then, your QBO integration will fail and will no longer be operational.
If you still have any questions around this process, feel free to reach out to our Customer Engagement Team.