Customer Credit LimitsFollow
The Credit Limits feature allows you to enable a credit limit for your customers in Unleashed. It will then automatically sync and update the value of the customers outstanding invoice balance from Xero.
This will provide better visibility for you to limit the value of outstanding invoices for a customer.
- On the Xero Integration page | Configuration tab, the Enable Customer Credit Limits toggle must be enabled.
- Credit Limits must be set at a customer level for each customer in Unleashed.
- The base currency between Unleashed and Xero MUST be the same to ensure accurate credit balance values.
- The Credit Limits feature in Unleashed can be controlled by the super user using the appropriate role permissions.
- Once you enable and set the credit limit for a customer, you can still create a sales order and invoice but you cannot complete a sales order (shipment) for the customer if they are over the credit limit.
- You can ignore the Credit Limit and complete sales orders by assigning the Override Credit Limits role permission.
- Go to Integration | Integration Store | Xero.
- Click Configuration and scroll down to Advanced Features.
- Under Advanced Features, select the Enable Customer Credit Limits toggle.
- Go to Settings | Security | Role Permissions.
- Select the required role from the Role drop-down list.
- Click Expand All and then click Sales | Customer.
- The following permissions will be displayed for Credit Limits:
- Override Credit Limits: Enables completion of sales orders even when the customer is over the set credit limit value.
- Set Credit Limits: Enables setting the credit limit for each customer.
- Go to Customer | View Customers.
- Open the required customer record. The Apply Credit Limit toggle will be displayed.
- Once you select the toggle, the following fields will be displayed:
- Set Credit Limit: You can specify the value for the credit limit you want to assign to this customer.
- Credit Balance: This field will automatically be synced to the integrated Xero account and display the balance. The automatic sync runs every 1 hour.
- If a customer has exceeded the credit limit value you have assigned, you can still create and invoice a sales order. However, you will not be able to complete the order or dispatch any shipments.
- You can select the Ignore Credit Limit checkbox if you want to complete the order.