Xero Before the integrationFollow
Why integrate with Unleashed?
Once Unleashed is fully integrated with Xero, you can benefit from increased efficiency and accuracy. Our seamless integration ensures that no re-keying of information is needed and accounting data is preserved.
- Intuitive setup - Simply connect Unleashed to a nominated Xero company at the push of the button.
- Payable updates - Integrate all suppliers and supplier transactions Unleashed sends Xero payable transactions for payment and reconciliation as you receipt stock.
- Receivable updates - Real time customer and customer transaction integration The second you complete sales in Unleashed we tell Xero your customer owes you money.
- Perpetual stock updates - Real time accounts integration Unleashed updates Xero in real time.
- Contacts - Real time synchronization of contacts.
- Reconciliation - Easy to use reconciliation tools. It is essential to keep both Unleashed and Xero data matching.
What is Xero?
Xero is easy to use online accounting software that is designed specifically for small businesses.
- It's all online, so you can work when and where you want to. Just login with your PC, Mac or mobile.
- Your bank statements are automatically imported and categorized, letting you see your cash-flow in real-time.
- Invite your team and work together on financials. You can collaborate over your up-to-date numbers.
- Xero has all you need to run your business - including invoicing, paying bills, sales tax returns, reporting and much more.
- Ability to monitor progress of the connection status.
- Export Sales changes from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Purchase changes from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Supplier Return changes from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Credits changes from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Suppliers changes from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Sales journals from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Credit Journals from Unleashed to Xero.
- Export Assembly/Disassembly Journals for never diminishing products
- Export Adjustments from Unleashed to Xero.
The following diagram illustrates what Unleashed data can be exported after the integration is configured.
Import from Xero to Unleashed
- Chart of Accounts
You can optionally re-import Customers and Suppliers if required. For example, a tax rate has been changed or you have added a new account, then you have the option to do this. When the data is re-imported, you can import new data based on their display name. So, if the Display name of a Customer has changed in Xero, it imports as a new customer in Unleashed.
Users can manually import
Users can select what is exported on the configuration page, which includes:
- Sales Invoices
- Purchase Orders
- Journals (Shipment, Adjustment, Sales, Credit)
- Customer Credits
- Supplier Returns.
All changes made to Customers and Suppliers automatically export to Xero. For Supplier Returns, Sales, Purchases and Credits, they only exports when completed. Refer to the list below for more information.
Customers: Export to Xero all newly created customers and also already existing customers when details are updated.
Suppliers: Export to Xero all newly created Suppliers and also already existing customers when details are updated.
Supplier Returns: Export to Xero —on the condition—only when they have the status of "Completed".
Sales: Export to Xero —on the condition—only when they have the status of "Completed".
Purchases: Export to Xero —on the condition—only when they have the status of "Completed".
Credits: Export to Xero —on the condition—only when they have the status of "Completed".
In terms of formats, there is no valid information mapping required when transferring data between systems. Only that Customers, Suppliers and Employees cannot have the same Display Name in Xero or Supplier, Customer codes in Unleashed.
When you first integrate Unleashed and Xero, the SOH value within Unleashed does not export across to Xero. Therefore, the initial SOH value needs to be manually adjusted via a stock journal entry directly into your Xero account; this manual adjustment needs to occur against the default Stock On Hand account selected within your Unleashed | Xero Configuration Setup.