After the integrationFollow
How it will work
Once the integration is completed:
- You will no longer need to manage stock through Vend. Instead, you will receive your stock through Unleashed.
- All stock reports should only be run in Unleashed.
Process: How Vend and Unleashed will work together
The following processes are examples that demonstrate how Vend works with Unleashed after the integration is completed.
Example process 1
- You receipt in a purchase order in Unleashed.
- Unleashed updates the quantities in Vend for the products receipted.
Example process 2
- You sell a product in Vend.
- A copy of the sales order is pulled into Unleashed.
- Unleashed attempts to automatically complete the sale –or– if there is not enough stock, the sale is given the status ‘Parked’, and allocates stock to that sale.
- Sales orders will be brought into the warehouse automatically, from the mapping that was configured during the setup process.
The Connection Log provides a list of every single action that has occurred during the integration process. For example, you can use the log screen to determine any issues that might occur during the integration process. This could include a validation error, or any other possible faults. You can use the Connection Log page to determine what the actual fault is, and then plan to fix accordingly. The logs only keep the last 7 days of activity.
Viewing in log levels
You can select the log level that you need to view for analysis.
- ERROR: Displays error type logs.
- INFO: Displays general log information, such as products details being transferred.
- ALL: Displays all log levels.
This diagram demonstrates how the three systems work together when fully integrated.
How accounting providers work with Unleashed
If you are using an accounting provider, consider the following:
- Unleashed will not send the invoice for a Vend sale to your accounting provider. Otherwise, this would duplicate the process.
- Unleashed sends the sales journal for the transaction to your accounting provider. This is adjusting your stock levels.
In order for someone to be confident that all the information in the three systems are up-to-date, you must close all the registers that you are using by the end of each business day.
In Vend, returns and credits are handled by entering negative lines on a sale (see image). This does not work the same way as Unleashed, so the sale cannot be imported (Unleashed has a separate module for Returns and Credits).
How to handle your returns and credits
The best way to handle your returns and credits is to do a manual adjustment in Unleashed for the stock returned in Vend (on a regular basis i.e. daily).
In Vend, export the sales history to find the returned products
Go to History in Vend.
Filter down the history based on the relevant Date and Register.
Click Export CSV at the top right. Note that Vend can only export a sales report if there are less than 1000 records in a day.
With the exported file, filter the rows using the Quantity column (you want the products with a negative quantity as these are your Returns/Credits).
Enter a stock adjustment in Unleashed to add back these negative quantities for each product.
The following is a list of field validations that need to be mapped during the Vend integration. All available information has been gathered to ensure you have the easiest integration possible.
*This is optional and dependent on the barcode. If changes are required, please contact Unleashed Support.
Stock On Hand