The Integration SetupFollow
The integration setup
It is important that you perform your integration configuration in the following order;
- Access the Integration page.
- Go to the Overview page and install QuickBooks, if you have not already done so.
- A pop-up message will appear notifying you of an import routine that will be automatically started to bring your settings from QuickBooks into Unleashed. You can check its progress in the notification tray in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Please ensure you refresh your session to see your settings in effect. In the Configuration tab, you can toggle your individual settings such as customer and supplier mappings and what journals should be exported to QuickBooks and remember to save your configuration.
- Go to the Manage your Data tab and import or re-import your customers, suppliers and products (without updating the existing ones) and re-import taxes and chart of accounts (updating the existing ones, or removing records in Unleashed, if they were removed in QuickBooks).
- Review Connection Log, if required.
How to Connect to QuickBooks tutorial
Accessing the integration page
You can access the integration store via the Integration | Integration Store menu.
- From the Integration Store page, you can setup and configure your integration.
- By hovering your mouse over the QuickBooks icon, a Configure button pops up.
- Click Configure to start the integration configuration. The QuickBooks Overview page will then appear.
- From this page, you can learn all about the QuickBooks integration, and the inline-help will guide you through the integration process.
QuickBooks overview tab
The QuickBooks overview tab describes:
- what the QuickBooks application is, and
- what happens when QuickBooks is integrated with Unleashed.
The aim is to ensure users have all the available information to ensure a seamless integration.
Install the application
If you have not installed the application, click on the Install App button available on this page. It will guide you through installing a QuickBooks account.
Actions you can perform
From this page,
- users can turn the integration sync on or off by using the switch on the top right, and
- select the More Apps button to go back to the configuration page at the top of the page.
QuickBooks Configuration tab
Activating the configuration settings
- Click the configuration settings to the right of the screen to activate the setting.
- When you are happy with your configuration settings, press Save configuration.
Link your QuickBooks accounts to Unleashed
Cost of Goods Account: The Cost of Goods Sold Account selection should be your cost of goods sold account in your QuickBooks Sales and Expense. All shipment journals sent to QuickBooks will be coded to Cost of Goods account and the Stock on Hand account.
Stock On Hand Account: The Stock On Hand Account selection should be your stock on hand account in your QuickBooks Current Assets. All purchases and journals sent from Unleashed will be coded to this account.
Sync your QuickBooks taxes to Unleashed
This section allows you to setup your QuickBooks taxes; taxes in QuickBooks need to be mapped to taxes in Unleashed. The easiest way to do this is automatically or you can do it manually by using the tax drop-down menus.
AUTO SYNC TAX CODES: You have the option to automatically sync tax codes.
Let me manually do this: When this link is selected, it takes you to the Taxes setup page in Unleashed, where you can have more control on your tax settings.
What exports to QuickBooks?
Export Sales: When selected, all your sales (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks .
Export purchase: When selected, all your purchases (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks .
Export supplier return: When selected, all your supplier returns from the beginning of time are exported to QuickBooks.
Export credit: When selected, all your credits (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks.
Export customers: When selected, all your sales customers from the beginning of time are exported to QuickBooks. The Display Name attribute in QuickBooks must be unique for all customers.
Export suppliers: When selected, all suppliers (Suppliers, Supplier Returns) data is exported into QuickBooks in real time. The Display Name attribute in QuickBooks must be unique for all suppliers.
Export credit journal: When selected, credit journal data (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks in real time.
Export adjustment journal: When selected, adjustment journal data (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks.
Export shipment journal: When selected, shipment journal data (only the completed ones after the connection to QuickBooks was made) are exported to QuickBooks in real time.
Manage your Data tab
Import all QuickBooks customers and suppliers in just one click
When selected, this action copies any new Customer contacts from QuickBooks and imports them into your Unleashed account.
When selected, this action copies any new Supplier contacts from QuickBooks and imports them into your Unleashed account.
When selected, this action copies any new Products from QuickBooks and imports them into your Unleashed account.
When selected, this option synchronizes taxes from QuickBooks to Unleashed. All these taxes are combined to calculate effective tax rates. These effective tax rates are then applied to your transactions (which include; purchase orders, sales orders, customer credits and supplier returns) to calculate the tax amount. As those transactions export from Unleashed to QuickBooks, Unleashed breaks down the tax amount into the related tax rates.
Tax is made into two different taxes:
- 20% on Amount
- 5% on Amount + Tax
The effective tax rate is 26%
In Unleashed we apply 26% tax to transactions; for $100 the tax amount is $26.
When exported to QuickBooks, the tax is:
- 20% on $100 = $20
- 5% on $120 = $6
Total tax: $26
When selected, this option synchronizes chart of accounts from QuickBooks to Unleashed.
Export Data tab
The QuickBooks Export tab shows the status of items exported to QuickBooks.
Code: This search filter searches for specified transaction codes such as sales, purchase orders, journals or anything that has been exported.
Types: You can filter the results for:
- Assembly Costs
- Credit Journals
- Customer Credits
- Purchase Costs
- Sales Invoices
- Shipment Journals
- Stock Adjustment Journals
- Stock Take Journals
- Supplier Returns
- Supplier Return Journals
- Supplier Return Costs
Exports: This drop-down menu option is a filter used to select what export status you want to display on grid.
Header data display
Total Count: Displays the total number of exports.
Total Balance: Displays the total balance of the exports that have been exported, the amount displayed are in base currency.
Total Variance: Displays the difference (variance) between the total balance and the exported total. It is the difference between what has been exported from Unleashed and received from QuickBooks.
Variance Count: Displays the value of the variance in base currency.
Exported Total: Displays the total that has been exported.
Tick box: When a tick box or all tick boxes are selected, the Batch actions menu appears. From this menu, you can select Ignore or Re-export.
Type: Displays the different export types.
Code: Displays the code for the specified export. You can click on the hyperlink available to view in detail.
Exported date: Displays the date of the specified export was exported.
Total: Displays the total cost amount in base currency.
Exported Total: This displays the total amount received from QuickBooks.
Variance: This is the difference between the total and exported total.
Message: Displays if the specified export has been successful. Smiley face for successful, sad face for unsuccessful.
Status: Displays the outcome of the export, was it successful (happy)or unsuccessful (sad face).
Actions (...): Column that contains the following action options that you can perform at line level;
- Ignore: Provides you with the option of hide line items from the grid. You can only see ignore ones if you filter the export grid.
- Re-export: If selected, it will automate the action to re-export the specified line.
Filtering your exports
- Select the filters from the top of the page that you want to apply.
- Date From: It allows you to select the date you want to filter your exports from.
- Date To: It allows you to select the date you want to filter your exports to.
- Type: This filter is used to select what type of export data you want filtered. For example, if you want to see all the exported Credit Journals.
- Exports: Filter used to select what export status you want to display on grid filtered. For example, you want to see all of the export statuses so you select All Exports.
- After you have set your filter requirements, the Export data page displays the set data according to your settings.
Resending your exports
On this page you can resend exports (both failed and successful exports) either;
- individually, or
- in bulk (batch)
How to resend individual exports
- Select the export line you want to re-export
- From the actions selector, select Re-export.
How to resend batch exports
You can easily batch send your exports. To do so,
- Multi-select the select column to select all available export lines.
- From the Batch actions selector, select Re-export.