Magento Integration FAQsFollow
How are Magento invoices imported into Unleashed?
Once the integration is set up, Invoices are imported from Magento into Unleashed as parked sales orders every 15 minutes. The following options are also available on the Manage your Data tab:
- Transfer previous invoices from: Select the date from which you want to transfer previous invoices from Magento as Parked sales orders in Unleashed.
- Find missing invoice numbers to import: Enter the missing invoice numbers in the From/To fields, and click Find. If there are any missing invoices, they will be displayed in the Import by invoice number field.
- Import by invoice number: Enter the invoice number and click Import.
New products can be created in two different ways.
- Configuration tab
- The Export Products checkbox must be selected.
- All products in Unleashed —regardless of product type— will be exported as ‘simple’product types in Magento and marked as disabled.
- Create products in Unleashed and manually export to Magento.
Unleashed integrates only the stock from the default warehouse. If you have items in stock that you do not want to sell online then you can transfer the items into a different warehouse.
There is a setting in Magento to allow purchase of products with no stock available. Unleashed will accept all invoices from Magento, however if you do not have the stock available then you will not be able to complete them (until you have purchased the required stock). For more information, see the Magento documentation or contact our Experience Team.
When an order is created in Magento, when will it pass through to Unleashed?
If an order is created, it is processed when the order has been Invoiced. This is the only step in the sales process in Magento that has any impact on Unleashed. This action passes the Invoice through as a Sales Order in Unleashed.
Can I complete orders in bulk from Unleashed?
Yes, you can complete orders in bulk using either of the following options. This will complete the invoices that have been imported from Magento and update stock levels between the two systems.
- Go to Sales | Orders | View Sales Orders. Use the action cog options to select and complete orders in bulk.
- Go to Sales | Orders | Batch Complete.
How do I handle credits and stock returns?
We recommend creating credits in Unleashed. The stock levels in Magento are updated automatically and the relevant transactions are sent to your integrated accounting provider.
Can I import historical invoices into Unleashed?
You must import only open invoices as they will be imported as Parked sales orders and you must manually complete the orders. Also, remember to remove stock in Magento when you complete the orders.
What happens if stock levels are different in both systems?
If the quantity in Magento does not match the available quantity of the product in Unleashed, then you can trigger a re-export of stock levels using the "Transfer SOH Changes From" field:
- Navigate to Integration>Integration Store>Magento
- Configuration tab
- Change the "Transfer SOH Changes From" field to a date in the past that you want SOH changes exported from
- Unleashed will send the stock levels for all products that have had their stock levels changed since that time.
Why are the new products I add not synced?
- You can only export products from Unleashed to Magento if the Export products checkbox (on the Configuration tab) is enabled. If enabled, any new product in Unleashed is exported as a simple product in Magento.
- You cannot export Configurable or Bundle products from Unleashed to Magento. You must manually create these products in Magento.
- Products created in Magento are not automatically imported into Unleashed.
- If the imported invoices from Magento to Unleashed has products which do not exist in Unleashed, you can configure the option to create them, as simple products in Unleashed.
- On the Configuration tab, enable the Create Missing Products option.
How can I troubleshoot error messages in the Connection Log?
Multiple errors can occur in the integration between Unleashed and Magento. These can range from missing products to Magento configuration issues.
The Connection Log is the best place to diagnose these issues. The errors are descriptive; however, if you have come across an issue that you are uncertain about, please contact our Experience Team.
Why is my Magento store not connected?
- Ensure you have correctly completed all tasks outlined in Magento Integration Setup.
- Check the Connection Log.
- Test that the link: http://YOURSTOREURL.com/index.php/api/v2_soap], returns an "Invalid XML" as illustrated in the image.
If you are still not able to connect, please contact our Experience Team.
How can I sync the updated average landed cost values from Unleashed to Magento?
- The average landed costs are exported when you initially set up the integration. Any changes made after will not be updated in Magento.
- Unleashed will use the average landed costs, therefore the profit margins will be reflected in the sales invoice.
- The cost attribute needs to be enabled in Magento and Unleashed will update it when CREATING the product.
Does Unleashed update Shipping Information in Magento?
Shipment details are not a part of the integration. Therefore, the status is not updated.
Can I edit orders that come from Magento?
No, you cannot edit the details because the order has already been completed in Magento. However, you can manually complete the order.
Why are bundle products not correctly imported on a sales order?
We currently support fixed pricing on bundled products.
- The product is auto-assembled and assembled.
- A Bill of Materials is created with all possible components.
Can I use Unleashed Sell Price Tiers in Magento?
No, you cannot use the Sell Price Tiers. Only the default price per product is imported to Magento. Alternatively, you can use the Magento catalogue pricing. For more information, see the Magento documentation.
Why are products exported from Unleashed to Magento as "Disabled"?
This is because they would instantly display on the website, even though the customer may want to append prices, apply discounts or attach images. There is no way to auto-populate the mandatory fields in Magento via import, this is due to field mappings that aren't available at present.
Can I export customers from Unleashed to Magento?
No, you cannot export customers from Unleashed to Magento. Customers created in Magento are automatically created in Unleashed.
I cannot load the Guest Customer for the Invoice, what do I do now?
This could be because you deleted the Guest Customer. To work around this, all the customer needs to do is create the GUEST customer again.
The data is synced every 15 to 30 minutes.
What are the different Dashboard Statuses?
There are several different dashboard statuses that you can get on the configuration page.
The following is a sample of possible dashboard statuses;
It is not yet integrated.
- You have not entered your details.
- Enter Magento details and click Save.
Could not connect to Magento store
- Url/user/key is incorrect or the shop is not responding.
- Enter the correct details and click Save.
Magento products have not been imported into Unleashed
- Import products on the product import page or use the Unleashed extension to import products from your Magento store. Make sure you have "Yes" in the Column "Is API Product" on the product import template.
- Or click the No Products To Import button.
Stock on Hand not imported
- Import SOH on the SOH import page.
- Or click the No Stock To Import button.
Manual transfer required
- Setup is all OK, but need to transfer manually once to make sure it works before automatic transfer can start
- Click the Transfer button.
- All is OK.
- Auto transfer is occurring every 5 minutes.
- Click Deactivate button to stop auto transfer
- All is OK.
- Auto transfer is not occurring.
- Click Activate button to start auto transfer.
Why is the shipping default price set to $5 per item?
This is set and managed within Magento. The details of which can be found here;
Magento>(admin page) System>Configuration>(left hand menu bar) Sales>Shipping Methods.
Can I ship multiple orders with one action rather than having to edit each order?
No, you cannot process sales in Unleashed to pass through to Magento when the order has been invoiced. Please contact Magento to make an enhancement request.