Add New CustomerFollow
ON THIS PAGE
The Add Customer page enables you to add a new customer. You can also import customers into Unleashed.
Points to Note
- Ensure that each customer code is unique. Avoid using '0' or '00' at the beginning of your Customer Codes.
- The customer currency will default to your base currency. The currency cannot be edited once the customer has been used on a sales order.
If you have a customer using multiple currencies, you must have a different customer code and name for each customer and each currency.
Add Customer Tutorial
Adding a New Customer
- Go to Customers | Add Customer. Complete the required information for the following tabs.
- The Customer Code and Customer Name are required.
- Customer Type - The customer type value is used typically to group sales reporting by the types of customers you sell to. For more information, see Customer Types.
- Salesperson - Associate a salesperson with sales orders allowing you to view which salesperson is related to each sale. For more information, see Salespersons Setup.
- Default Delivery Address - Select the default delivery address. You can enter the details on the Address Tab or Delivery Tab.
- Default Warehouse - Select the default warehouse. You can add and edit warehouses from Settings | System | Warehouses.
- Print Quote: Print the completed sales quotes using the selected Document Designer template.
- Print Invoice: Prints the completed sales order using the selected Document Designer template.
- Obsolete: If selected, the customer is marked as ''Obsolete'' and it will not be displayed in search results.
- Stop Credit: If selected, the specified customer will not be able to create any credit-related tasks, i.e. the customer will not be able to create sales orders.
- Ship note template: Prints the completed ship notes using the selected Document Designer template.
- Reminder: You can add a reminder that will display each time the customer is selected on a Sales Quote or Sales Order
- Apply Credit Limit: If you want to use the Credit Limits feature, see Customer credit limits.
- Customer address details. When connected to an accounting provider, you can use the address for billing and invoicing.
- Ensure that you specify an Address Name and at least one other field (e.g. Address Line 1).
- Customer contact details. The first contact entered will automatically be marked as the default contact.
- Use Ordering, Invoicing and Shipping activities to email specific contacts - see Automated Notifications
- You can change the default contact from the Action cog.
- The first six contacts including the default will be exported to the integrated accounting provider.
- Customer delivery address details where the order will be shipped.
- Ensure that you specify an Address Name.
- You can specify a default delivery address for this customer, by selecting the address name from the Default Delivery Address drop-down list on the Details tab.
Quotes, Orders, Credits
- Displays the sales quotes, sales orders, and credits associated with the customer. You can filter credits based on the credit status.
- If you want to provide a special price or discount for products or product groups only for this customer, you can add the required details to the respective fields.
The diagram details how the customer pricing is applied:
- You can select either a product or product group:
- Type the product name or search for the required product. The Default Sell Price for the selected product is displayed.
- Select the product group from the Product Group drop-down list.
- Enter the Price / Discount details.
- Select the Price Type from the drop-down list. The value will be applied only to this customer.
- Fixed price: If you want to offer a fixed price discount.
- Discount %: If you want to offer a discount percentage. You can enter any number between 1 to 100 only.
- Complete the following details as required:
- Min Quantity: If you want to specify a minimum quantity, type the required value.
- Valid From Date the price/discount will be applied from.
- Valid To Date up to which the price/discount will be applicable.
- Add comments for reference.
- Click Add.
- Click Import if you want to bulk import the customer pricing details for multiple customers and products.
- To export customer product prices for the current customer, click Export.
Note: If a Product is selected, the Product Group column does not export.
- To export customer product prices for all customers, go to Customers | Import/Export, and click Export | Customer Pricing.