Manage Drop Ship OrdersFollow
Dropshipping is a method where the supplier does not store the items sold in stock but purchases the items from a third party and ships directly to the customer. You can use the following process to manage the drop ship orders in Unleashed.
Managing Drop Ship Orders
- From Settings | System | Warehouses, create a new Warehouse called "Drop Shipping", or similar named title that is unique and relevant to your business.
- When placing the sales order (Sales | Orders | Add Sales Order), select the "Drop Shipping" warehouse.
- Park the sales order.
- When creating the purchase order to send to the supplier (Purchases | Purchase Orders | Add Purchase), select the “Drop Shipping” warehouse and enter the Delivery Address of the customer from the sales order.
- Place the purchase order.
- Receipt the purchase order (Purchases | Purchase Orders | Receipt Purchase).
- Complete the sales order.
Due to the nature of drop ship products never being on hand, the receipting of the purchase order and completing of the sales order should be done at the same time.