Create and maintain ShipmentsFollow
This process demonstrates how shipments are processed with different statuses and how they traverse through the shipment process.
- Shipments are a feature of the Sales Order.
- Products are removed from stock on hand when a shipment is dispatched.
- Order Management allows you to ship, invoice and backorder.
From the Sales Order page, go to the right hand corner, and select Order | Create Shipment
The Shipment page displays. Complete the Shipment Header fields.
- If you have serialized or batch tracked products, and the numbers were not specified on the Sales Order, select them on the Shipment.
- You cannot select more serial or batch numbers than the ordered number. The selected serial and batch numbers must match the ship quantity.
- If you choose the Barcode Scanning option, the value in the Ship column will change to zero, regardless of whether the Auto Set Receipt Quantity option in Settings is enabled.
- When ready, click Dispatch.
- An Order cannot be completed if there are non-dispatched Serialized/Batch Tracked Products. The Complete button is disabled until you have completed this requirement.
- Go back to your Sales Order and click Complete.
- A PDF of the Sales Order is generated and downloaded.
About Shipment page
Shipments are created or accessed by:
- Selecting the Create Shipment option from the Order drop-down box on the Sales Order
- The Shipment tab on a Sales Order
- Sales | Orders | View Shipments
- Reports | Sales | Shipment Enquiry
Barcode scanning: Use barcodes to add products to your shipment
Create Invoice: Shortcut to create an Invoice
View Order: Shortcut to view the Sales Order (or click on the Sales Order No. label)
Set Order Status as: A check-box that enables you to set the order status as either Placed or Backordered
Save: Save the shipment in various stages of the process (Park, Placed, Picking, Picked and Packed)
Place: Place the shipment for the warehouse to process
Dispatch: When a shipment is picked and then packed, this function assigns the status to Dispatched
Shipping Company: Select the shipping company to be used for this shipment
Dispatch Date: This field contains the date your shipment was dispatched
Number of Packages: Useful for shipping labels (numbers only)
Picklist Template: Choose the template to print your picking list or leave it as the Unleashed Default
Tracking Number: This field provides details of the tracking number for your specific shipment (free text)
Sales Order No: This field contains the Sales Order number for your specific shipment (click on the label to view the Sales Order)
Shipment Weight: Useful for shipping labels (free text)
Ship Note Template: Choose the template to print yo ur Ship Note or leave it as the Unleashed Default
The following fields display if the International Commerce Codes feature is on:
- Nature Of Transaction
- Shipper's EORI
- Receiver's EORI
- Commercial Invoice Template
- Commercial Value (product lines grid)
Footer function descriptions
View (Hide) Email Log: Records recipients of emails generated from the shipment
Print: Creates and downloads PDF versions of Picklists, Ship Notes or Commercial Invoices
Email: Provides an email pop-up box to send email attachments and messages for Picklists or Ship Notes
Delete: Enables you to delete parked shipments
Creating Picklists and Ship Notes
When Order Management is enabled, you can:
- Print a Ship Note from the Shipment page by selecting Print | Ship Notes
- Print a Picklist from the Shipment page by selecting Print | Picklist
- You can create and customize your own templates via Settings | Doc Designer
- Select "Print Serials" and/or "Print Batches" at the template level in Doc Designer if you want your serial and batch numbers printed
Edit a Shipment
You can edit a non dispatched shipment at line level.
- From the View Orders or the View Shipments page, go down to the required order number.
- Select Action | Edit
- The Sales Order/Sales Shipment page displays. From this page you can adjust the order and shipment details accordingly.
Shipping from multiple warehouses
Should your fulfilment process require it, you can enable the "Ship from Multiple Warehouses" feature.
Create Shipments in Bulk
The View Sales Order page now provides you with the option to create Shipments in bulk. Simply select the relevant Sales Orders, then select the Create Shipments within the Bulk Action options.
This will create a new Parked Shipment for each selected Sales Order comprised of all remaining Products & Quantities that are yet to be added to a Shipment.
Warning: This feature will ignore the Ship From Multiple Warehouse feature mentioned above. Proceed with Caution if you have the Ship From Multiple Warehouses feature enabled.