Adding Sales OrdersFollow
On this page
- Use Shipment Quantities for Sale toggle option
- Managing Shipments video
- Create shipments from multiple warehouses
The Add Sales Order page enables you to enter sales orders for customers. This page provides you with the flexibility to edit sales orders at line level.
If you want the ability to create multiple shipments, multiple invoices, and purchases, you must enable the Order Management feature from Settings | Company. For more information, see Order Management.
Ensure that customer and warehouse have already been created in Unleashed before creating a sales order.
Customers assigned to a sales order cannot be changed, once a product line has been added to it.
Warehouses can be changed as long as there are no completed shipments.
You cannot merge or edit completed sales orders.
Go to Sales | Orders | Add Sales Order.
- Search and select a Customer.
You may use the search popup panel, just click on the magnifying glass or start typing the Customer Code or Customer Name into these mandatory fields.
After the customer's Name and code have been populated a lightbulb icon will be displayed next to the customer's name.
Hover over this icon it will light up and display some key customer contact details, making it easy to validate these without navigating to the Customer detail page, plus a table with the top 10 products (ranked on the units column) purchased by this customer over the last 12 months using BI data. (For demo accounts we show 3 lines of demo product data.)
If you do have permission to BI Vision and click on the "Explore more with Business Intelligence" link a new tab will open displaying BI Vision Sales data for the selected customer (except on Demo Accounts) for the last 12 months.
NOTE: Users who do not have permission to BI Sales will receive a page-restricted message and if your account did not subscribe to the BI Vision module you will see the BI Vision marketing page.
- Complete the following details:
- Customer Reference: These details are synced to the Reference field for the integrated accounting provider.
- Discount (%): Enter a discount amount to be added to each product line.
The discount entered in this field will not be applied to product lines that have a customer price associated with the product for the selected customer. For more information, see Customer Pricing.
- Tax Rate: If you have set up a tax rate for the customer then it displays here. The Tax Rate used is based on the tax hierarchy in Unleashed (Settings | System | Taxes).
If any of the products you are selling are zero rated for tax purposes, select the Sales Order line and use the bulk action cog option "Remove Tax" - this will set the tax rate to 0% and assign the 'NONE' built in tax category for accounting purposes.
- Warehouse: Select the warehouse that you are selling from and where the stock will be taken out of.
- Delivery Method, Delivery Instruction, Delivery Contact and Delivery Address fields: Select or enter the required values. Note that if you change the delivery instruction on the Sales Order it will automatically update the delivery instruction for that Delivery Address. If you use a Postal or Physical address and update it from the Sales Order, it will update the respective Customer's address.
- Salesperson: Can be configured from System | Settings | Salespersons. This value can be used to generate the Sales Enquiry report for each salesperson. Sales enquiries can be filtered for a certain salesperson, and sales figures compared between individuals for performance tracking. You can use the filter on the Margin Enquiry to see what sales have been made by particular sale person. Other useful data analysis could include planning commission structures.
- Sales Order Group: The sales order group to associate with this order.
- Order Date: Order creation date. This field is editable for open orders.
- Required Date: This field is editable for open orders.
- Completed Date: This field is automatically updated with the date on which the order is Accepted.
- Sales Order Template and Packing Slip Template: The doc designer template you want to use for printing.
- Enter details for the Order Lines:
- Product: Search and select the product. Unleashed displays the available amount in the Availability field.
- Quantity: Check the value displayed in the Availability field and enter the required quantity.
- Price: Displays the unit price of the specified product.
If you have a special price associated with the product for the selected customer, it will be displayed in Red with a tooltip. The special price will override the Default Sell Price and Sell Price Tier Price.
For more information about how the customer pricing is applied, see Customer Pricing Tab.
- Discount: If you want to provide a discount percentage, enter the value.
- Margin: Displays the margin amount for the specified product. This is calculated by the selling price minus the costed amount divided by the selling price.
- Batch and Serial Number Assignment: If one or more products in the order are batch tracked or serialised, you can supply the numbers now or at the Sales Shipment stage. The current status of the allocation will be shown in the relevant column and will appear in green when all required numbers have been supplied:
Please Note: a maximum of 1000 serial or batch numbers is recommended
When assigning serial numbers, a warning icon will display alongside any serial numbers that have been allocated to other open Sales Orders. Click on the tooltip message to run the Serial Number Enquiry report to see where else the serial number has been used.
If serial numbers previously allocated to your Sales Order have subsequently been shipped, an unavailable icon will display alongside those serial numbers. Click on the tooltip message to run the Serial Number Enquiry report if required. Select different serial numbers to proceed.
You can assign the oldest batch/serial numbers to all lines on a sales order using the action cog available on the Serial/Batch columns.
- You can add additional charges like freight using the charge lines.
- Charge: Reference for the charge you are adding. For example: Freight.
- Price: Enter the required value.
- Sales Account: This field is visible only if you have an accounting provider integration and is the account the charge value will be posted to.
- Tax Rate: This is the default customer tax rate. You cannot change this value.
- Based on the status of the sales order, you can save it using one of the following options:
- Park: Default setting. If you want to add or update details before sending to the customer, you can keep the sales order in a Parked status.
- Backorder: If not all ordered products are available in stock, you can save the order with Backorder status.
- Place: The order is saved with a Placed status. The order must be picked and packed before it can be completed.
- Complete: When all details are entered and no further changes are required, you can complete the sales order. The sales order details will be sent to the integrated accounting provider.
The following sections describe the other options available on this page. You can use these options based on your requirements.
Enables you to reserve and un-reserve stock for the sales order.
|Reduces available stock.||
Does not affect available stock.
Deselects all serial numbers not related to completed invoices or dispatched shipments.
||Resets the quantity to 0 for all batch numbers that are not related to any completed sales orders or invoices.|
You can use the Clone button to copy the contents of the current order into a new order (you can choose a different customer).
- Customer: It can be the same customer or you can select a different customer.
Customer Reference: Add reference notes which will be displayed in the integrated accounting provider reference field.
Use customer price and discount:
Selected: Recalculates the price and discount on the order for the customer you have selected.
Deselected: Uses the price and discount of the order you are cloning irrespective of the customer selected.
Products are removed from stock on hand when a shipment is completed.
Sales Shipments provides you with the ability to manage multiple shipments, all through the shipment process (pick, pack and dispatch) for the line order. Additionally, on this page you can create ship notes and create/edit shipments for orders.
- The Shipments tab displays detailed shipping information and also enables you to manage and edit your shipments at line level.
- You can access the created shipments from the Sales Order or go to Reports | Sales | Shipment Enquiry.
- From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Shipment.
- Complete the information as required or select the required options.
- If you want to use barcode scanning to scan products, see Barcoding. Note that when you click Barcode Scanning, the quantity in the Ship column will change to zero.
- Click Place or Dispatch.
Go to Settings | Company to select/deselect this option.
If Order Management is enabled, and Use Shipment Quantities for Sales is enabled:
- Creating a Shipment will calculate the (on hand quantity) minus (quantity on open shipments).
- Updating a shipment line will throw a validation error if the new shipment quantity is greater than the (on hand quantity) minus (quantity on other open shipments).
- Using the 'Refresh Ship Qty' action will take into account the (on hand quantity) minus (quantity on other open shipments).
- If directly completing a sales order creates shipments, those shipments will use the same behaviour. Therefore if there is insufficient on hand quantity not on open shipments, the sales order completion will fail.
Creating an Assembly
If your order contains items that require assembly, you can create an assembly(ies) from the bulk action cog by selecting the relevant product or products and clicking on "Create Assembly":
If you have added an auto-assembled product on your sales order, and there is an incomplete assembly associated with the product, you can complete the assembly from the sales order:create
- Line Level: Click on the action cog and then click Complete Assembly.
- Order Level: From the Order button drop-down list, click Assemble.
If you have created a sales order for your customer, but do not have sufficient stock to complete the order, you can create a purchase order from the sales order page. The purchase order will be linked to the sales order.
- From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Purchase.
- Confirm the Purchase Qty.
- You must specify the Supplier details. Click on the Supplier field and enter the supplier name or select from the drop-down list.
- To change the sales order status to Backorder, select the Set Order Status as Backordered checkbox.
- Click Create. The purchase order is created and the link will be displayed in the Created Purchase column.
- You can click on the link to open the purchase order and add/edit the required details. You can click on the Sales Order No. field link to open the linked sales order.
If a Purchase Order is created to fulfil a Sales Order, a trolley icon will appear to the left of the Quantity ordered. Hover on the trolley for information to link to the Purchase Orders(s).
For more information about adding/editing purchase orders, see Purchase Orders.
You can create the sales invoice either from the sales order or sales shipment.
- Sales Order: From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Invoice and go to Step 5 OR Sales Shipment: If you have shipped the items in the sales order and want to create an invoice, go to Step 2.
- Go to Sales | Orders.
- Open the Sales Order and click Shipments.
- From the action cog, click Create Invoice.
- The Invoice page is displayed. You can edit the following fields:
- Invoice Date
- Payment Terms
- Invoice Template
- Exchange Rate
- Invoice Lines Quantity
- Click Save if you want to add more details or click Complete. You can also Print or Email the invoice.
- You can use the Email Xero Invoice option if you want to email invoices from Xero.
- This option is available only when the sales invoice has been completed and exported to Xero.
- The Xero invoice email will be sent from the email of the account owner who has enabled the Xero integration.
- The Xero Invoice Status must be Submitted, Authorised, or Paid.
- The Customer Contact email must have a valid email.
Creating Partial Invoices:
You also have the ability to create invoices that cover a certain percentage of the total value added to the order. This is helpful when you are handling deposits your customer needs to pay before you are able to assemble and/or ship products to them. The process to create a Partial Invoice is similar to the one explained in the section above, but you will be using the Create Partial Invoice button instead. When you do, you will see the following pop-up screen:
In here, you will inform the percentage you want to invoice your customer for and click on the Create Partial Invoice button. A new split invoice will be created and displayed on the screen. The behaviour of this document mimics the invoices for the full amount, so the same characteristics described in the session above apply to it.
- The Partial Invoices consider the uninvoiced amount. In other words, if you create a partial invoice for 33% of an order and then Invoice it again by 50%, this 50% will consider the remaining 66.7% of the order that was not yet invoiced.
- Charges will not be included in the Partial Invoice by default. They are displayed in the invoice and can be added if needed, e.g. by invoicing 100% of the order
- Leaving the percentage field empty and clicking to create the Partial Invoice will make the system consider all the remaining items in the order that were not already invoiced (mimicking the behaviour of typing 100%).
- Partial invoices cannot have any serial numbers associated with them. Leave the assignment empty, and then you can complete it.
If the International Commerce Codes option is enabled, you will have the option to print a Commercial Invoice from the Print option at the bottom of the page. Click here for additional information on International Commerce Codes.