Activating Auto Assembly and Auto-Disassembly
To save you some time when selling your assembled products, you can have these assembled automatically. This is useful for users who have assembled products with a set range of components, i.e. a gift basket that always has wine, chocolates and candles.
- To enable this feature, you need to have the Production module activated, you can do this by going to Settings | Organization | Company
- Select the tick box for Enable Auto Assembly as illustrated.
The following is an example of how you can use Auto Assembly.
- Once you have enabled Auto Assembly, then whenever you sell an Assembled product it automatically assembles it for you—if there is not enough in stock (presuming you have the relevant components in stock). As a result, this removes all the hassle of having to assemble products manually, which provides more accuracy.
- This feature also calculates automatically —how much of the Assembled product you could potentially assemble and shows this as "Available Qty." on the Sales Order entry page.
For example, even though we have 0 qty on hand it will show as 20 available when entering the order because we have enough components in stock to assemble 20.
The assembled product "ANIMAL" has 0 stock available.
- Once you have successfully entered all your lines on an order (including your yet to be assembled products) you can go ahead and click Complete.
You also have the option to complete the assembly from within the Sales Order by using the Order menu or using the (action cog) for the line.
This is where Unleashed does all the work for you assembling the products behind the scenes. An assembly is created and completed for the relevant quantities and all your stock levels are updated accordingly.
- A full audit trail of all assemblies and sales is made so when you are enquiring, you can see exactly what has happened.