The Stock Adjustment page enables you to enter details of a stock adjustment, which in turn updates your stock levels/values in Unleashed and your integrated accounting provider.
This page can be accessed by going to Inventory | Transactions | Stock Adjustments
Enter a warehouse and reason.
When you first add an adjustment you will need to enter two fields to start with:
This account defaults to the Cost of Goods Sold account that you have configured in your integrated accounting provider's configuration page.
- Warehouse: This is the warehouse that the stock you are adjusting is in. If you only have the one warehouse then this should be defaulted for you.
- Reason: This is the adjustment reason you associate with this stock adjustment. You can set these up under Settings | Adjustment Reasons.
- Account: When you have an accounting provider enabled, this account field becomes available and can be used in a journal that is sent to your accounting provider. For example, a wastage account.
Enter the product, quantity & value you are adjusting by.
After choosing the Warehouse and Reason you will need to enter four more fields (make sure you fill all these out before clicking 'Add'):
- Product: This is the product you are adding the adjustment line for. If you cannot find it by typing in the code/description try using the magnifying glass to search for the product.
- Quantity: This is the quantity that you are adjusting by. You can increase it (e.g. 5) or decrease it by typing a minus before the number (e.g. -5).
- Value: This value will automatically default to the adjustment quantity times your landed price, however you can also override this to change it. You can also enter a value with no quantity if you only want to adjust the landed price.
- Comments: You can also enter any comments you like that relate to this adjustment so that when you look back on it, you can see all the details.
Check the Global Quantity, Value and Average Landed Price before completing the stock adjustment.
After adding all the stock adjustment lines, you will be able to see them in the grid with the New Global Amounts updated. These are the values that will be applied after this adjustment has been completed, so that you can double check and confirm what you are trying attempting to accomplish. It is important to check the Avg. Land Price is correct. To adjust the Avg. Land Price only, just change the Adjustment Value until it equals what you are after.
If your adjustment includes value, it will automatically send an adjustment journal to your integrated accounting provider for approval. For Xero users, Journals show in Xero as nil value Accounts Payable drafts and should be Approved regularly. This would keep the drafts list clear and helps to ensure your Balance Sheet, and Profit and Loss, stay accurate.
Ensure that your accounting provider is setup for Stock on Hand and Cost of Goods Sold. Also ensure it is up-to-date and correct. You will need to change the account for the stock movement to the relevant account if the Cost of Goods Sold account is not correct.