The Reorder Report page enables you to view the availability of all of your products along with their associated Supplier - and with the relevant stock level information. This report is ideal to see if your stock is running low and you need to replenish stock.
You can select to (a) reorder all products with low stock by clicking the Reorder button or (b) choose selected products at the line level before clicking on the Reorder button to create a purchase order. You can still add extra lines to or remove lines from the created purchase orders, where necessary.
The action cog gives you the ability to bulk select products and create assemblies, purchase orders, or transfer stock between warehouses.
Additionally, you can:
- Review products on purchase (which are Parked, Placed, Costed Purchase Order) and their next delivery date.
- Drill down into the product transactional details by status of Quantity on Hand, On Order, In Assembly, On Transfer, or On Purchase.
You can filter the report by Product, Product Type, Suppliers, Warehouse or Alert level. The grid displays your current minimum or maximum stock levels as well as suggested replenishment quantities.
You can access the Reorder Report via the Reports | Purchases | Reorder Report.
The value of the Reorder Report
The Reorder Report is one of the most powerful reports in Unleashed; it shows every product and its current quantity on hand and whether there are any pending purchases, sales, assemblies or transfers. The available amount is calculated from these quantities and a reorder amount is then suggested. The report also has low and high stock alerts that can be set if required.
This screenshot illustrates the Reorder Report when the Per Warehouse feature is enabled.
Header button descriptions
Export: Click the export button to export your report to PDF, CSV, or XLSX file formats.
Reorder: When you select the Reorder button, Unleashed creates a purchase order for those items with low quantities or just the products you have selected.
Run: Executes your reorder report based on the filters you have selected.
About Parked and Placed Purchase Orders
- Parked Purchase Orders: Are draft Purchase Orders and the quantities are not considered in the Reorder Report.
- Placed Purchase Orders: Are placed purchase order and the quantities are included in the Reorder Report under the "On Purchase" column - these numbers are considered in the suggested replenishment amount.
You can use all filter fields to filter and retrieve specified data.
- Product Code: Filter by a specific product by code
- Product Description: Filter by a product description
- Product Type: Useful if you want to see just assembled or component products (filter by assembled and use the action cog to create multiple assemblies as required)
- Supplier Code: Filter by a particular supplier's code
- Supplier Name: Filter by a supplier's name
- Order Warehouse: Filter by a specific Warehouse (note that this only appears if the Per Warehouse feature is enabled)
- Alert: Filter by low, high or all stock alert levels
- Sellable: Select the required option to see stock for Sellable, Non-Sellable or All products.
Grid column descriptions
Action Cog: Available bulk options include Select All, Select None, Create Assemblies, Create Purchases, Create Transfers
Code: The product code
Description: The product's description
Preferred Supplier: Supplier's name recorded as the default Supplier in the product's Supplier tab.
Order Warehouse: The warehouse where the stock is located
Min Stock: Minimum stock alert value recorded in the product's Inventory tab
Max Stock: Maximum stock alert value recorded in the product's Inventory tab
On Hand: Actual quantity of stock on hand before taking into account internal stock movements such as transfers and production processes (assemblies).
On Order: The quantity of this product on parked and placed sales orders
In Assembly: Number of that component product on parked assemblies (being used in the production process)
On Assembly: Number of that assembled product on parked assemblies (being used in the production process)
Outgoing Transfers: The number of that product on parked warehouse transfers where the warehouse is the source warehouse
Incoming Transfers: (available in hidden columns) The number of that product on parked warehouse transfers where the warehouse is the destination warehouse
On Purchase: The number of that product on placed purchase orders
Next Delivery: The expected next delivery date for that product
Available: Stock availability is calculated as Stock on Hand - On Order - In Assembly - On Transfer.
Suggested Replenishment: The quantity required to replenish stock to the maximum stock level (once you have fallen below the minimum). This is calculated as maximum stock - available stock.
Alert: High is displayed when the available stock is higher than the maximum recorded stock amount. Low is displayed when the available stock is below the minimum stock level.
Hidden grid columns
In this instance, the following columns are hidden from view. However, depending on your requirements, you can customize your columns to hide or make columns available as required. You can do this by selecting Show Toolbar on the grid.
- Incoming Transfers: The number of that product on parked warehouse transfers where the warehouse is the destination warehouse
- Product Group: Displays the product group for that product
- Sellable: Displays a tick if the product can be added to sales quotes and sales orders
- Stock Turns: Stock turns are calculated as the cost of goods sold (COGS) divided by average inventory
Calculation of average inventory: ((Previous Year On Hand Quantity * Previous Year Average Cost) + (Current Year On Hand Quantity * Current Year Average Cost)) / 2
- Supplier Code: The unique Supplier's code if any
- Supplier Product Code: The code used by the Supplier as their reference for your product
Depending on the information you need, you can enter the relevant criteria and then click on "Run".
You can also export the report to different formats such as PDF, CSV, and XLSX using the "Export" button.
Using the toolbar above the grid, you can manipulate the information in the grid as follows:
Group your report:
- Group By Column(s):
To group by a column, drag and drop it into the toolbar above the grid. As soon as you drop a column into the grid, the report will group everything based on that column. You can group by as many columns as you like and expand all or collapse all the groups under the More menu.
Create multiple views of the same information:
- Create Multiple Views:
Once you have customized the report the way you want to view the information, click on "New" on the toolbar and provide a name for the new grid view. You can create as many views as you like and also choose a default that will be displayed each time you open the report.
Choose the columns you want to see:
- Customize Columns Shown:
Using the Hidden Columns button you can choose the columns you want to see on the grid and drag and drop them into position. To add a hidden column to the grid, drag and drop from the hidden columns box to the report in the desired position. To remove a column from the grid, drag it back to the hidden column list box.
Use the filters in the header section to target the information you need. Filters include:
- Product Code
- Product Description
- Product Type
- Supplier Code
- Supplier Name
- Order Warehouse
See Header Field Descriptions for details about these filters.
The Reorder Report is an easy way to replenish stock when it is running low.
- Click Reorder. Unleashed creates a purchase order for those items with low quantities (based on the minimum stock level alert).
- Select products at the product line level and click on Reorder to create purchase orders for just those products.
- Use the bulk action cog to
- create assemblies
example of a created assembly:
- create purchase orders
example of purchase orders created for different suppliers:
- transfer stock
example of a warehouse transfer (note that the "Availability" column populates when a source warehouse is selected):
- create assemblies