Add Supplier ReturnFollow
The Add Supplier Return page enables you to process a return for the selected purchase order, including purchase orders with added cost lines.
Tips for creating new supplier returns
- Ensure you select the warehouse where the goods will be returned from.
- Add Supplier Return reasons in the Settings | System | Supplier Return Reasons before you create the supplier return. This will help with reporting on why Supplier Returns are being placed, e.g. damaged goods, incorrect purchase orders, receipt processing. For more information, see Supplier Return Reasons.
- You cannot return more than what you ordered or more than your stock on hand values. If you have already sold some of the ordered items, you cannot return them. You must get them back in stock before returning them.
- Go to Purchases | Supplier Returns | Add Supplier Return.
- In the Purchase Order Number field, enter the purchase order number.
- Specify the Warehouse the stock is being returned from.
- Update the required values for the return lines (Return Quantity, Return Price, Reason, etc.) :
- Delete any lines which are not being returned using the delete icon.
- You must return either quantity or price. You must select the Return checkbox ONLY if you have specified a value in the Return Quantity field. DO NOT select the Return checkbox if you are only returning the price.
- Select the return reason from the Reason drop-down list.
- Add or edit the comments for your reference.
Use the action cog to check or uncheck the Return checkbox for all lines.
- If your purchase order has cost lines included, you can update the required values. Depending on whether you select Refund or Write-off, the corresponding action will be recorded in the integrated accounting provider:
|Refund - same supplier||The purchase costs will be added to the supplier return.|
|Refund - different supplier||A supplier credit note is created.||
|Write-off - same supplier or different supplier||A supplier return journal is created.||
- To update the costs to reflect part returns, manually change the RETURN COST in the PO Lines and THEN click on "Recalculate Supplier Return Costs" which will distribute the COSTS in the Cost Lines, or, change the COST in the Cost Lines which automatically updates the RETURN COST in the PO Lines
- Click Complete. If a residual value error message is displayed, see Addressing Residual Value.
If you want to return a product where the cost has changed from the purchase cost, it can result in some left over value or residual value. Residual value can occur if:
- You will be left with no stock on hand after returning the product.
- The price you are returning the goods at is different to the current cost, i.e. purchase price was $100, current landed cost is $105, which results in a $5 residual value.
Complete the following steps to adjust the residual value and then create the supplier return:
- Go to Inventory | Stock Adjustments.
- Click Add Adjustment.
- Adjust the leftover residual value.