Data Import ChecklistFollow
You can import existing data into Unleashed by downloading the templates from each module in .csv format. This will help you to setup your system faster and streamline the transition from an older system. You can import data at any point.
- Customers (including Delivery Addresses, Customer Contacts, and Customer Pricing)
- Products (including Stock on Hand, Serial Numbers, Batch Numbers, Product Suppliers, Inventory Details, and Product Attributes)
- Stock Counts
- Purchase Orders*
- Stock Revaluation
- Bill of Materials
- Sales Quotes
- Sales Orders*
- Markup Prices
- Warehouse Transfers
* You cannot import historical data for purchase orders and sales orders.
- You must use the Unleashed templates for importing data.
- It is recommended to backup the data you are importing.
- Ensure that the header columns and other data match. Renaming column headers will cause import failures.
- You must complete all mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- If you import address details, you must specify an "address name".
- You must enter tax as a numeric value. For example: if the tax rate is 15%, you must enter the value as 15.
- Do not insert invalid characters i.e; commas, line breaks, percentage symbols etc.
- Ensure numbers such as 10000400050 are not converted to something like 34d+12. If this happens, you must update the cell format to a number value.
- If you reuse the import template for subsequent imports, it is recommended to delete any rows that you are not updating. This will speed up the process.
After the import is completed, you are notified via email.