Using the SandboxFollow
The Unleashed Sandbox creates a copy of your organization in a separate environment. This environment allows you to develop, test and learn without affecting the data in your live Unleashed account.
Please read these notes carefully to avoid accidental data loss or inadvertent changes to your account:
- Only the account owner can create the Sandbox environment.
- Ensure that the Organization Sandbox feature is enabled by the administrator for your account.
- You can only have one sandbox per account.
- Once you have created your Sandbox, it is available for 21 days. This cannot be extended.
- After 21 days, the Sandbox will be deleted and cannot be restored.
- Any data that you enter into your Sandbox account is NOT and CANNOT be transferred to your live production account. You can however, export data out of the sandbox and import it into your live account.
- The users in your Production account are copied into the sandbox and are automatically granted access to the Sandbox.
- Sandbox accounts are limited to 5 users.
- When you create a sandbox, it is created from a backup of up to 1-day ago.
- If you delete the current sandbox and create a new one immediately, in the majority of cases it will restore the data from the previous one, however, this is dependent on the amount of data in the sandbox and cannot be guaranteed. We recommend you export any data you need to keep from your current sandbox, this can be reimported into the new sandbox if needed.
- You cannot test the B2B Portal in the Sandbox account
- If you would like to test the Advanced Shipping Module once you have created the Sandbox Account please submit a case to our Experience Team so we can assist.
- Before creating or working in a Sandbox environment, ensure all other windows/tabs logged into Unleashed are closed. Unleashed only supports a single active organisation at a time for a given user.
- If you create a transaction for your Sandbox environment while a browser tab is open in your Production environment, then there is a chance that the transaction will be saved to your Production environment as this is recorded as your active environment on the server, despite your client-side browser indicating you are in the Sandbox.
- Email functionality is disabled in sandbox accounts.
- Close all other windows/tabs of Unleashed
- Go to the My Account page
- Click Create Sandbox
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes to continue or No to exit. A notification is displayed after the sandbox is successfully created.
When in Sandbox mode, you can integrate with other applications (native or otherwise - the sandbox account will have a unique API Key and API ID).
- Go to the My Account page.
- Select the Sandbox account and click View
- A message is displayed at the top of the screen to indicate that you are using the Sandbox
Exiting the Sandbox
- Go to the My Account page.
- Select the account you want to access and click View.
Deleting the Sandbox
- In the Sandbox account, go to the My Account page.
- Select your live Unleashed account and click View.
- In the live Unleashed account, go to the My Account page.
- Click Delete Sandbox.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Yes.
You will receive a notification confirming the sandbox deletion.