What is the difference between Stock on Hand and Available Stock?
- Stock on Hand: The total quantity of stock you have in your business.
- Available stock: The stock quantity that is available once the allocated stock has been deducted from the stock on hand
- Allocated stock: The quantity allocated to open transactions (this does not include quantities on open sales orders that have already been shipped, as that quantity has already been deducted from the stock on hand)
Available stock = stock on hand - allocated stock
You cannot obsolete a product if there are any associated open transactions.
- Go to Inventory | Products | View Products.
- Open and product record and click the References tab. The list of associated transactions is displayed.
- Open Orders (Parked or Placed)
- Parked Stock Adjustments
- Parked Credits
- Parked, Placed or Costed Purchases
- Parked Supplier Returns
- Open Stock Takes
- Draft Sales Quotes
You also cannot delete a product if used in any of the following transactions:
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Orders
- Sales Quotes
- Stock Adjustments
- Stock Transactions
- Warehouse transfers
- Bill of Materials
In this case - if the products have not yet been utilised within transactions then they are able to still be deleted. The quickest way to bulk delete these would be to select them from the "View Products" page. Here using the action cog, you would be able select > delete (please see an example of this below):
As a tip to assist with this process - you could perhaps have these products set to a specific filter such as a Product Group (which would then only show these products on the View Product page. This would then allow you to use the action cog and "select all".
If the products have had transactions associated to them, then you would need to mark these as "Obsolete" where we could keep them for recording purposes.
No, there is no dedicated report for aging inventory. However, you can achieve similar results by showing how long it has been since a sale has been made on the Stock On Hand Enquiry report. You can do this in the form of 'Sales Days'. For more information, see Stock on Hand Enquiry.
No, you cannot update bulk stock on hand values. Instead, you can:
- Delete all stock and re-import it
1. Create a stock adjustment.
2. Perform a stock take (providing stock is higher than 0) or you can delete all transactions.
We do not recommend deleting transactions if you have been using Unleashed for more than a month, as it will delete all transaction data.
- You cannot maintain stock levels in multiple bin locations. However using Per Warehouse Controls you can specify ONE bin location per warehouse.
- This option must be enabled in your Company Settings first.
- You can enter multiple bin locations in the Inventory tab for each product listing.
- You cannot report or specify which Bin Location you can pick from.
- You can print the Bin Location.