How to Process a Supplier ReturnFollow
To return a purchase order back to its intended supplier.
- Navigate to Purchases
- Click Supplier Returns
- Click Add Supplier Return
- Under Purchase Order Number field, enter the purchase order number
- Specify the Warehouse the stock is being returned from
- Update the required values for the return lines (Return Quantity, Return Price, Reason, etc.) :
- Delete any lines which are not being returned using the delete icon
- You must return either quantity or price. You must select the Return checkbox ONLY if you have specified a value in the Return Quantity field. DO NOT select the Return checkbox if you are only returning the price
- Select the return reason from the Reason drop-down list (these can be added under
Settings | System | Supplier Return Reasons)
- Add or edit the comments for your reference
- Click Complete
If your purchase order has cost lines included, you can update the required values. Depending on whether you select Refund or Write-off, the corresponding action will be recorded in the integrated accounting provider:
|Refund - same supplier
|The purchase costs will be added to the supplier return.
|Refund - different supplier
|A supplier credit note is created.
|Write-off - same supplier or different supplier
|A supplier return journal is created.