Why Can't I Mark a Product as Obsolete?Follow
Before marking a product as Obsolete, you'll need to check the following:
- All open transactions that contain the product are either Completed or Deleted
- If this product is included on any Bill of Materials as an Assembled or Component product, you'll need to:
- If Assembled = Obsolete the associated Bill of Materials
- If Component = Remove the product from the existing Bill of Materials should it continue to be used. If not, Obsolete associated Bill of Materials.
- If there is residual stock on hand, stock adjust this out of your inventory
You should be able to obsolete this product once all of the above has been completed.
- Open Transactions can be identified via the References Tab on the product record
- Associated Bill of Materials can be identified via the Production Tab on the product record